The Storms Obsession

This blog is a simple story about Dylan Broke and Lucy Burb from The Sims 2. I hope you enjoy.

Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Chapter 17 - A Missed Opportunity

Getting home, Lucy washed her face, brushed out her hair and got ready for bed. She didn't feel the least bit tired but knew that she had to get some sleep or else she'd feel rotten for the whole of tomorrow.

Staring out the window she thought of Zachary, the guy she had met at Emily's party. He seemed really nice. It was a shame that she had missed saying goodbye to him, due to being caught up in seeing Josh DeVille again after what seemed such a long time. Lucy felt disappointed, like she had ruined a really good opportunity.


Missed opportunity for what she surmised? To get what was left of her heart trashed again? No thanks.


Within minutes Lucy was asleep and to her surprise she slept like a log.

Dreams of nothing and of nobody.



The next morning Lucy awoke to the sound of her parents voices just outside her door. She felt refreshed after her sleep and some what better in herself than yesterday.

"Lucy? Are you awake sweetheart?" her mother whispered just outside her door.

"Yes mum, I just woke up. You can come in." Lucy replied.

"Can I ask how the party was?" Her mother asked in a small voice.

"It was fine mum" Lucy replied reassuringly. "I had the best time. I am really pleased that I went instead of moping around here feeling sorry for myself."

" I am just so happy for you Lucy. Darling, you look so much brighter today. You have a good friend in Emily."

And with that, Mrs Burb gave Lucy a hug and told her to come have some breakfast before it got cold.

Sitting down to breakfast with my brother Matthew we started discussing music and the cd that Matt was planning to buy later today. Emily you see knows this girl who works in Sanity music and Matthew wants me to call Em and organise the same discount that Em gets. My brother can be such a tight arse at times, but I promised that I would after my shower. After all, he had been sweet as pie to me since the drama with Dylan yesterday. I sorta owe him I guess.

After breakfast I showered and changed then called Em, as I promised Matthew I would. I wanted to see how she had pulled up after last night anyway and whether I missed anything interesting after leaving.

"Hey Em, just me."

"Morning Lucy. How did you pull up?"

"Well, I was actually going to ask you that! Na, I feel fine and I want to thankyou for having such a cool party. I can't remember when I last had that much fun."

"Yeah, it wasn't bad hey? What did you think of Reed? I know he can be a little egotistical, but hey, he's good where he needs to be if you get my drift!"

Lucy cracked up laughing.

"Oh Em! Do tell!"

"How about over lunch then? You doing much today? I would love a coffee from 24 Cafe. Wanna join me? And I'm dying to hear what you thought of Zachary too."

"Sure thing Em. Sounds like a good plan. Come over here and we'll take mum's car. She won't mind. Oh yeah, by the way, Matt wants a discount at Sanity. Can you arrange it? He'll nag me to death if you don't?"

" No probs, I'll call Sarah at the shop now. See ya in 15 mins."

"Bye"

"See ya."

Emily as usual was about 2 days late so I met her outside as I was ready to go and I didn't want mum changing her mind about the car.

"About time girl" I whispered to her as we hugged

"Well, Reed stayed the night so I had to say a final goodbye" Em replied with a wink and a snigger.

"You don't expect me to just up and leave Lucy? I have manners."

"Just get into the car Em and I want you to tell me all the gory details on the way there." I said giving her a sideways glance.

"Absolutely! I have been dying to tell you about this thing Reed has and it just tickles....."

Laughing, the girls drove off heading to the 24th Cafe were they are rumoured to serve the best coffee this side of SimCity.

Meanwhile, as the girls left the Burbs street, John Burb, Lucy's dad, was taking a phone call.

"Hello, John Burb speaking?

"Oh, um, Mr Burb, I'm a friend of Lucy's and I was wondering if she is home please?"

"No sorry. She has just left with her friend Emily for the afternoon. Can I take a message and perhaps get her to call you when she gets back, I'm just not sure when that will be."

"Um, no thats ok. I'll call her back. Can you please let her know that Zachary phoned? Thankyou Mr Burb. Bye."

And with that John Burb hung up.

Zachary he wondered? Never heard of him. Better write this down so I don't forget.

Arriving at the 24th Cafe, it appeared deserted. Good. No que's to wait in.

"Come on, my shout" offered Lucy

Still listening to Emily about Reeds flexible tongue, and I ain't talking about his vocabulary, I didn't notice Josh DeVille standing behind me until I followed Em's eyes and saw that she was looking straight at him.

Geez that boy freaked me out at times! Creepy. Sometimes, he was truly weird.

As I greeted Josh, Em just sat there with a knowing smirk on her face. What did that mean??

With a smug "Hi Josh" Emily walked off with her coffee into the Cafe. Of course she saw people she knew on her way in. Em knew everybody it seemed.

Josh and I discussed last night and what we'd both been up to since moving back to town from Uni. Again, I couldn't get over how good it was to see him but at the same time, he reminded me so much of Dylan and the 'old days'.

"Lets play darts!" I suggested. An ole favourite uni past time.

"I plan to kick your butt young lady!"

"Yeah right Josh. I'm still up one from our last game at uni. Remember?"


The three of us played games, gossiped and generally had a good time, and wow, didn't the time quickly.

Emily pulled me aside in between games with Josh.

"Lucy, are you blind girl!"

"What?? I know I ain't getting a bulls eye everytime but hey, I am winning!"

" I mean about Josh girl. Can't you see it??"

"See what? A friendship of 6 years?"

"No silly, a major crush. Thats what. The guy has an eye for you big time."

" No way Emily. He's a friend and thats all. And Dylans friend as well. No way sister."

With dinner time approaching, we all agreed to eat together here at 24 before heading home. Emily invited Josh to join us but I decided to ignore her blatant attemps to somehow point out Josh's attraction to me.

Dinner was nice and simple and Emily of course did most of the talking. Josh went back to being his normal quiet self while I couldn't help but ponder on what Emily had said earlier. Josh liking me? Bah!

Having travelled alot throughout her life, Emily is an interesting person to have dinner with. Her stories are fantastic to hear and being a true entertainer she can captivate all her listen to her. I truly envied her at times. Her confidence and easy manner.

I bid goodnight to my friends and left Emily there as she had further plans to meet up with Reed. I was tired from last night and just wanted to go home and chillout. Watch some TV then go to bed.

Arriving home I caught up with Matthew and asked whether he had got his cd discounted.

"Yep and tell Emily thanks heaps."

"Tell her yourself next time Matt. I ain't your message service."

Just then dad got up and went into the kitchen. He came back holding a piece of paper.

"Speaking of message services Lucy, a young man rang for you not long after you left today."

"Yeah?" I said hesitantly. Surely dad wouldn't play games if Dylan had rung?

"Hang on, trying to read my own hand writing here. Oh yeah, thats right. A man called Zachary? Ring any bells?"

Ring any bells? Hearing his name just started a thousand ringing to the frantic beat of my heart.

Zachary had rung.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

For that being your first story i have to give you a job well done it made sense the pictures matched and right from the first sentence it just made sense so very good :)

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home