The Storms Obsession

This blog is a simple story about Dylan Broke and Lucy Burb from The Sims 2. I hope you enjoy.

Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Chapter 12 - Hurricane Lucy

After rounding the corner from where Claire couldn't see me, I ran all the way home, crying and barely able to breathe. I stopped a short distance from my house and made some attempt at regaining my composure. I so didn't want mum, dad or my brother to see me like this. I was not ready to admit to anyone that Dylan had cheated on me. I can barely admit it to myself. I feel as if this is my fault. Was I not good enough for him? Not pretty enough? Did Nicole make him laugh more? Why did he choose her over me?? Why??


Laying on my bed I think of Sam DeVille, Nicole's boyfriend during uni and Dylan's best friend. Does he know? I guess I may not be the only victim in all this. But somehow that doesn't make me feel any better.


Just as my thoughts start to stray to Dylan, mum comes into my room. She knows something is up. She can read me like a book.


I give her a very brief description on what has happened, and trying not to cry at the same time, and she senses not to push me for more information.


Instead she hugs me warmly and reminds me of the wonderful, beautiful, smart girl that I am. I appreciate her words but they don't make me feel any better. I am hurt and now starting to get angry.
I want explainations.

Both mum and I hear Matthew talking to someone at the door. Bloody hell, its Dylan. Mum squeezes my shoulder as a sign of support and leaves the room. She has faith in me that I am strong enough to face this alone.
I have no other choice, I have to.

"Hey Dylan. How's it going? Long time no see heh?" I hear my brother ask.


"Ahh, right, I guess that I had better make myself scarce. Good to see ya though Dylan. Might catch up with you later. Umm, best of luck." with that said, Matthew leaves to hide in his room and I don't blame him. This ain't going to be pretty.

"Um, Lucy, can we talk please?" Dylan asks.

"I honestly don't know what there is to talk about Dylan. I seem to get the picture. Do you think you could just tell me why and then leave please??" I say as calmly as I can.

"Lucy I honestly didn't mean..."

"No way Dylan. No way. I don't want to hear your excuses. Just tell me why."

"Don't you dare come any closer. I mean it. You make me sick Dylan!"

Hearing the venom in Lucy's voice, Dylan takes a few steps back. And in that small movement, all that has happened, the lies and betrayal strike Lucy like a fully laden train.

She is shattered.

And as much as she had promised herself not to cry, especially in front of Dylan, she just couldn't hold it back any longer.

Lucy's shoulders shake with each sob and it breaks Dylan's heart to watch.

But slowly and surely, Lucy pulls what's left of her heart back together and finally, with a strong feeling of hatred and anger, she lets Dylan have it.

"You! I trusted you Dylan. I loved you, with every inch of my heart and soul and what did you do?? You spit it back in my face."

"And why Dylan? Why Nicole? WHY GOD DAMN IT!"

Now in a full on rage, Lucy continues...

"While I was here, thinking about you, loving you and waiting for you, you were off screwing someone else! And not just someone else hey Dylan, but your best friends girlfriend!"

"You are a selfish prick and I truly hope you get everything thats coming to you. I hope she's worth it Dylan."

"And as for us, I don't want YOU coming to this house or within 5 feet of me every again!"

"D-O I M-A-K-E M-Y S-E-L-F C-L-E-A-R!"

"Well Dylan?!?"

"No! Don't bother trying to defend yourself Dylan."

"I don't want to hear one word from you" she growled.


And with that, Lucy reached for a nearby glass of water and without thinking...

With all the anger left in her...

And with all the hurt left in her heart...

She threw the glass of water in to his face.

Dylan turns away, in tears himself and in that instant, the anger that had been behind every word that Lucy had just said, and in every nasty action that she had just done, was gone. She felt like a deflated balloon.

She had never been this angry with anyone before in her life. She was surprised at herself...

and a little disappointed. Why didn't she feel satisfaction in Dylan's tears?

Why did this victory feel so hollow?

As he turned to walk past her, she scowled at him but it was a hopeless attempt to follow through with what she had started.

Dylan looked defeated and suddenly, Lucy felt very small.


She heard footsteps, slow but purposeful, head for the front door.


Each step seemed like an hour. Lucy didn't know what to do. She was slightly ashamed at her outburst and she loved him. No matter what he had done...


She still loved him.

With the sound of the front door opening and then closing gently behind him, Dylan, without a word left Lucy's world.



never to return...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home